Open the software:
Find the HammerZen icon on your desktop and double-click. This will open the program.
Select the file location:
Now that you have downloaded the purchase data and found the QuickBooks file location, you need to connect the location of the file to HammerZen:
- File to Import: Click on the folder icon to find the location of the purchase file
- QuickBooks File: Click on the folder icon to find the location of the QuickBooks file
- Click on "Verify and Save" to update the file locations (Remember to ALWAYS make a backup copy or portable copy of your QuickBooks file.)
Make sure the first time you connect HammerZen and QuickBooks, you sign in as an admin. This is the only time admin access will be necessary.
Clicking on "Verify and Save" will open your QuickBooks software and file.
You should see a pop-up appear within QuickBooks (This is just QuickBooks asking for your permission to allow the software to read and modify the company file).
To allow, click on:
- "Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running"
- Log in as Admin
- Click "Continue"
A Confirm to Proceed window will show up. Click:
- "Yes," if you wish to allow access
- "No,:" if you do not wish to allow access
Once you select "Yes," you should see an Access Confirmation pop up.
Click on Done -- you will then see another pop-up notifying you that you have successfully verified and saved the certificate.
Finally, click OK to proceed.
Go to QuickBooks, and give HammerZen permission to access your company file:
- Click "Edit"
- Go to "Preferences"
- Select "Integrated Applications" on the left menu bar
- Choose "Company Preferences"
- Uncheck the box "Do not allow any applications to access this company file"
- Click "OK" to save the setting