Steps taken so far:
- Name and Account
- Departments & SKUs (only available on Gold Plan)
- SKUs to Item (only available on Gold Plan)
- Sales Tax (only available on Gold Plan)
- Link Class, Mark Job Billable and make changes (only available on Gold Plan)
Congratulations! You've made it to the last step. Now all you need to do is classify your items.
- Item Name: Populates from the SKUs to the Item screen. You have the option to change this as needed.
- Description: Populates. You have the option to change this as needed.
- Qty, Unit Price and Amount: Populates from the Purchase Data Details file
- Split: You can split a line item into its Job and Class by Quantity ("Qty"), Unit Price, and Mark Billable
- Customer:Job: Populates from the "Project" step. You have the option to change as needed.
- Billable: Check this off only if you are going to bill the customer for that specific item.
- Class: Add a class from the drop-down menu.
- Tax: By default it will add a check box. You can uncheck the box if you think the item was nontaxable.
Click on "Post to QuickBooks." Your data has been easily imported into QuickBooks from Home Depot!
Check your reports in QuickBooks to ensure the accuracy.
(All the linking and mapping will be saved for future imports.)
The following changes and updates will not be saved for future reference:
A window with a loading bar should pop up on your screen; in that window, you should see a list with green check marks next to every item. If that is the case, then your Home Depot Pro Xtra purchase data has now been uploaded to QuickBooks Online!
P.S. Remember to check your reports in QuickBooks as well!