Steps taken so far:
- Name and Account
- Departments & SKUs (only available on Gold Plan)
- SKUs to Item (only available on Gold Plan)
Your items are mapped with a variety of categories; make sure each article is appropriate for each item.
- Item Name: Populates based on the selection you made in the previous step
- Item Desc: Populates from the data you downloaded
- Map Item Name: Use it only if you are going to map your existing QuickBooks items.
- Item Type: Select only if you are creating new items. Select from Inventory, Non-inventory, Service, or Other Charge.
- Income Account: Select from the drop-down menu, or leave blank.
- Asset Account: Only available if you are entering the Item Type as Inventory.
- Expense Account: Select from the drop-down menu.
Your next step:
5. Configure Sales Tax
(All the linking and mapping will be saved for future imports.)