Steps taken so far:
Before you enter the items, you must understand the basics:
- Home Depot departments available in the Purchase Details Data (available only in Gold Plan)
- Types of Items in QuickBooks
- How to enter new items or how to map existing items in QuickBooks
You also need to decide how you wish to enter the SKUs you purchased--from specific departments or all under one material?
(Class and Subclass name are from the purchase details data and not from QuickBooks.)
Now select how to enter your items into QuickBooks.
- If you decide to use only one item for all the SKUs purchased, click only on any one box.
- If you decide to enter new items based on the departments, click on one or multiple boxes.
- If you decide to link your items depending on the one or multiple departments, click only on the box you would like to view.
Your next step:
4. Select if you want to enter the materials by department, or if you want to map SKUs with existing items in QuickBooks.
(All the linking and mapping will be saved for future imports.)